Six Months Of Memories

5 Year Memory Journal | Update 



One Line A Day Memory Journal Kaleidoscope Peonies

My memory journal has become a little routine that I do every night. I've been filling it in for 6 months now, so I thought I'd do a little update on how it's going, and why I've surprised myself by not missing a single day. Click here to go back six months, and hear my initial thoughts on this memory book malarkey. Aaaand back to the present, here are my thoughts, and why I love my memory journal.

 I find it really cathartic to recite and reflect upon my day- before leaving it behind and going to sleep. One of the main things it does is remind me how good my day has been. Every single day has something good in it and it's made me realise how happy my life is. I think there's only been a handful of days that really haven't worked out, and I've become better at bouncing back from those days and trying really hard to make the next day better.

It's made me more aware of my life, which I know is a silly thing to say. But to reflect on every single day, to really think about it- what you liked and what you didn't like, and what you did with your day, really makes you feel more responsible for what you do with that day. I like writing about and reliving happy memories. It's also made me realise how lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life who help make my day.

Another thing its made me realise is how unpredictable life can be. Things don't always work out how you thought they would. I thought I knew what I was going to be writing every day for the last 6 months. But that all changed as circumstances changed and my days took a different course- mainly due to a new job, and a few other unpredictable things. Life is rarely what you expect.

I think there are a few reasons I've surprised myself by not missing a day in my journal for 6 months. For one, it's just so easy. It's just a few lines, it takes a few moments. It's not a long arduous task that even takes a lot of thinking power. I also didn't expect how much I would enjoy documenting my life. It's brought about so many positives, mainly gratitude for the life that I have, the people in my life, and the nice things I get to do every day. I'm so fortunate, and have so much that can and does make me happy. 

I already can't wait for next year when I can compare every day to the previous year. It's such a good way to take a little control and be able to track your progress in so many areas of life.


One Line A Day Memory Journal Kaleidoscope Peonies


Read my first post when I first started this little book here. 

Do you use a memory journal, or anything similar? What are your thoughts on them?

Follow me over on  Follow  to never miss a post


Instagram | Twitter