#TBR | Reading Wish List

6 books on my To Be Read list-


Reading Wishlist


I've compiled a list of 6 books that I  really want to read in the near future. The titles of these books have been swimming around in my head the last few days so I'm just going to put them here...


  • The Butterfly Garden | Dot Hutchison 


The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison



I had not heard of this book at all before my friend Mary recommended it to me. After having a little look on Goodreads it appears to be a Thriller, enthralled with secrets and lies and all entwined around a Butterfly Garden. I haven't read a Thriller novel in ages, so am really interested to read this.


  • Me Before You | JoJo Moyes


JoJo Moyes Me Before You


I wasn't planning on seeing Me Before You when it came out in the cinema. But when a friend wanted to go see it I saw no harm in tagging along- even though I had heard the rumours warning inevitable tears. Oh my god. I held off for so long, but the film was relentless. At the end I felt lost and happy and sad and like I wanted to go and cry for 3 hours. The story was beautiful though, and now I really want to read it! 


  • Landline | Rainbow Rowell 


Rainbow Rowell Landline


I've loved every Rainbow Rowell book I've ever read. I think Rainbow is such a unique writer and I'm on a mission to read every book she has written. Her characters are so real & relatable, as are the emotions she paints- she is a genius at this.


  • I Find That Offensive | Claire Fox 


I Find That Offensive Claire Fox


My friend Zoe recommended this book to me. It is about how being 'politically correct' has become akin with absurdity. See Zoe talk about it here, it's a very compelling argument and will definitely make you want to read it!


  • Oryx And Crake | Margaret Atwood 


Margaret Atwood Oryx and Crake


My friend Diana recommended this book to me after she had studied it at University. The book is described as a 'love story and a compelling vision of the future'. What really fascinates me about this book is the claim that: 'Margaret Atwood projects us into a near future that is both all too familiar and beyond our imagining.' The book foretells alarming predictions for the future and the pivotal role that technology plays within it.


  • An Ember In The Ashes | Sabaa Tahir 


An Ember in the Ashes Sabaa Tahir


I don't know anything about this book, or the series- my mum's friend recommended it to me as she'd recently read it & loved it. All I know is that it is an adventure story set in Ancient Rome. It sounds completely different to something I would normally pick up myself so I'm going to give it a go.



What's on your reading wishlist? Let me know below!


+Follow me to never miss a post     Follow