Liebster Award | Kaleidoscope Peonies

Liebster Award | Kaleidoscope Peonies


Yasmin over at Little Miss Sensitive has kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award! Check out her post here. Her blog is full of diverse topics including traveling, beauty and lifestyle. Two of my favourite posts are her Paraben Free Beauty Wishlist & her ASOS Fashion Wishlist.

What is a Liebster Award? 

The Liebster Award originated in 2011 and is a way to celebrate & welcome new bloggers into the blogging world. It helps people discover new blogs and connect with other bloggers. Liebster is a word of German origin which roughly translates as: dearest, valued, welcome, lovely. 

What are the rules? 

There are a few variations, but these are the most consistent ones-

  • Mention & thank the blogger that nominated you in the post.
  • Answer the 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you.
  • Nominate 5-11 blogs. 
  • Create 11 new questions for them to answer & let them know they are nominated!



1 Did any other blogger out there inspire you?
One person who definitely drew me towards the blogging community was Estee Lalonde. I started watching her on YouTube a few years ago & it has been so nice to see her channel & blog grow so much. She is hilarious, warm & so down to earth- definitely check her out if you haven’t already.


2 Apart from your blog, do you have any other creative outlets? (E.g. cooking, drawing etc)
My main creative outlet is reading. I studied literature at university which gave me the opportunity to read so many books that broadened my knowledge & love of literature. I commute to work every day on the train, which is my reading escape time. I also have three adult colouring books from Johanna Basford. I used these mostly at university to switch off from work. I would do them while watching something on Netflix- it's such a pretty & satisfying thing to do. Check out my post on her first colouring book- Enchanted Forest if you'd like to find out more about them.


3 What's your favourite social media and why?
Undoubtedly Instagram. I like it because you get something out of it: I only post pictures I love or that have a memory attached to them, or it’s of someone or somewhere I love. This means that I have a collection of pictures I love for lots of different reasons. In terms of my blog I love Twitter, it’s such a great way to meet other bloggers- especially through blogger chats. 


4 If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A MINIATURE LONG HAIRED DACHSHUND & a house for us to live in. Follow the link for the best thing you'll see today. 


5 Where is your favourite place?
One of my favourite places in the world is Edinburgh. I have so many happy memories there & it is such a gorgeous & interesting city. It has amazing food, atmosphere & beautiful places to visit. I love the Botanical gardens, Arthur’s Seat & Holyrood palace. 


6 What are your best qualities?
I think one of my best qualities is empathy. I’m quite a sensitive person, if someone else is sad I feel sad too- I can relate to what people are feeling. I also (hope) I'm approachable & friendly to everyone I meet.


7 What's your favourite movie?
I definitely don’t have one favourite film & never know what to say when someone asks me. I do have lots of films I like & some I have watched a lot of times. My favourite chick-flicks are The Other Woman & The Holiday. They always cheer me up & I must’ve watched The Holiday about 1,000 times. Another feel good film that I watched recently was The Intern- cutest film ever. My favourite childhood film is Matilda. One film that has stuck with me is The Breakfast Club & a guilty pleasure film is New Moon- mainly because Edward is absent for most of the film. Also obvs Lord of the Rings & Harry Potter (although mainly LOTR).


8 What is the best lesson you have learnt from blogging?
I don’t know if this is a lesson, but I never knew how much I would fall in love with blogging. I started my blog last year at the end of university, but only posted a handful of posts, then a few months ago after I got back from traveling I decided to give it a proper go. It's an escape from my current 9-5 job, and also when I finished uni I missed writing about things I found interesting so much. I did not anticipate how obsessed I was going to get. It’s such a nice feeling to create something like this & to be proud of what you post. The blogging community is so nice too- everyone is lovely & supportive.


9 What was the last song you listened to?


10 What’s your favourite childhood memory?
This is sooo hard. One of my favourite childhood memories is sleeping over at my grandparents. They live about 2 minutes down the road & I would arrive with about 3 bags of teddies & toys. Me and Grandma would bake something & then I’d watch one of their films (they had a great collection). I used to love Jumanji, Baby’s Day Out, Matilda & Scooby Doo (the old classic ones, FYI Scooby Doo's gone so downhill). So simple, but they are such nice memories.


 11 What's your favourite photography editing app?
I use Adobe Photoshop Express. Please let me know if you have any other recommendations in the comments below- what do you use? 


I nominate- 


These are 9 blogs that I love reading, they all have really interesting & helpful content, and I can't wait to see where they all go- check them out & give them a follow :) 

My Questions: 

What is your favourite blog post you've written and why?
2 What is your favourite TV series?
3 What is the best tip you've learnt about blogging?
4 Where is one place you'd love to visit?
5 What is your favourite book and why?
6 What is one thing you've done that you're really proud of?
7 What is your favourite season? 
8 Describe one of your happiest days.
What is your favourite quote? (from a book/a person/motivational)
10 What do you find most challenging about blogging?
11 What motivated you to start a blog?


Please leave a link to your post in the comments so I can read them all! :)