A Backpacker's Make-up Bag | Travel Essentials

A Backpacker's Makeup Bag



While I was travelling I quickly discovered what would work for me and what wouldn't. Let's face it, South East Asia is HUMID. Extremely humid. I needed products that were light, light, light, but improved my bedraggled appearance. A hard task- but the following products worked their wonders. Here's how...

HIGHLIGHT 


Glow All Out by Soap & Glory
 This is a highlight of dreams. I actually bought it whilst I was travelling, in a Boots we stumbled on in Chiang Mai (good memories). It is SO PRETTY. It adds such a pretty glow, and also acts as a blush- I used it for both.

CONCEALER



The Eraser Eye Concealer by Maybelline, shade: Nude
This is such a great concealer. I use the 'Light' shade at home (the hardest shade to find ever, good luck all), so I decided to take the darker colour with me, for that all elusive tan. It didn't let me down, a great staple for home & abroad. Why? It concealers & looks natural & stays put. An all-round winner.

BRONZER


Delice de Pudre Bronzing Powder by Bourjois, shade: 52
Obviously I needed a little help with my tan...just a little (okay a lot). This bronzer was natural but helped me on the way to looking sun-kissed. It helped me to fake it in the beginning, and enhance it at the end. I've also carried on using this at home. 

                                                                 BLUSH

Aqua Blush by Bourjois, shade: 03 Pink Twice
 I love this blush. I'd never tried a liquid blush before, but I've been converted. It looked so natural & dewy on the skin, and was such a pretty colour. I'm normally too scared to go for bright pink blushes, preferring more mauve type shades, but I'm so glad I tried this. I will definitely be re-purchasing. 

BRUSH


Real Techniques Brush- Retractable Kabuki Brush

I got this item along with Glow All Out. It was such a great all round brush for bronzer and highlight. It was also so helpful that it retracted (even though I broke the lid in about 10 seconds), because it helped to protect it from all the junk in my backpack. Also, I like the colour.

                                                                 BASE

123 Perfect CC Cream, Shade: 34 Bronze
This might be my favourite thing out of my whole 'backpackers make up bag'. It took me ages and ages in Boots to decide what CC or BB cream to take away with me. I still remember the sad sad zombie mode I put my boyfriend in, making him wait so long. This CC cream looked so natural, it was just the right amount of bronze and saw me through all my different tan shades as I improved my tan. It was also was a nice shade of bronze, not too orange or yellow.

                                                                 EYES

Naked 2 Basics by Urban Decay

This palette. I am so thankful for all it does. It has every shade a traveling and real life girl could want for a natural eye. The black shade was so handy for the night time & the other shades great for any time. It's so compact and just practical in every way. I take it wherever I go now and still love it.



Do you have any recommendations for travel makeup? 

Want to see what I got up to while I was travelling? Check out one of my favourite days in Thailand

+Follow me to never miss a post     Follow