10 Skincare Essentials

10 Skincare Essentials




Once I find a skincare routine, and products, that work well for me, I don't tend to experiment too much. This is mainly due to having very sensitive skin. Therefore, I have tried and tested most of these products for years, and can safely say that I think they are all great. These are the products that I take with me on any trips, and cause me to go into panic mode meltdown if I'm ever without them.


1 Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash- The Body Shop





For so many years now, this has been the only face wash that I use. I discovered it whilst I was at school, and used it all the way through university. It's different from many other face washes I have tried because it is not harsh at all. So many face washes that are aimed at 'combination/oily' skin are far too harsh for me, and only make any out-break worse. This is such a great everyday face wash because it is gentle and kind to the skin whilst leaving the skin thoroughly cleansed. 


2 Midnight Recovery Concentrate- Kiehls 




This stuff is MAGICAL. I don't know what it is, or where is came from (Kiehls!), but it is AMAZING. I put this on every night over a serum or moisturiser and it just makes everything better. I noticed such a different when I started using it, it just improves the quality of your skin so much, and helps any problems it may have. 


3 Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel- The Body Shop


 


I have used this product on and off for a long time, and always seem to go back to it. It's a great eye gel because it really helps to target puffiness, and the gel consistency works well as it is very cooling on the skin. It is also suitable for sensitive skin. 


4 Aloe Lip Care- The Body Shop




This is probably my favourite lip balm ever. And that is saying something, because I am obsessed with lip balm. I went through a time when my lips were so so dry (I think it was weather-related), and nothing except for this lip balm helped. 


5 YesToCucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer- Superdrug/Boots/Waitrose




Similarly, I went through a period where I kept breaking-out, and any product that I put on my skin aggravated the matter. To try and combat the break-out I went back to basics and only used this moisturiser. And it worked! It's so mild and gentle, with 98% natural ingredients, it's so good for the skin. 

6 Hydra Vital Face Mist- L'occitane




I love a good face mist. They are just such a nice thing. I haven't been using them too long, but if I haven't taken one with me on a trip, or I run out, I find myself missing it's gloriously refreshing vibes. It is just loveliness it a bottle. This L'occitane number has a really nice even spray, and a refreshing scent. 

7 Aloe Calming Toner- The Body Shop




I think using a toner is such an important step in skincare. It helps to fully clean the pores, and get the skin ready for any nighttime serums/moisturisers/oils. This is a lovely one from The Body Shop which is very simple and calming. I also find toners can sometimes be a bit stripping to the skin, whereas this one is very gentle. 


8 Tea Tree Oil- The Body Shop




Tea tree oil is a must must must. It is a gentle and effective way to tackle spots which doesn't dry the skin out.


9 Popcorn Lip Scrub- Lush




This is a lip sugar scrub from Lush. This is such a great product to use just before you put lipstick on as it makes your lips smooth and creates an even surface for lip products. This one is popcorn flavoured, so it's win win really. 


10 Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil- The Body Shop




Last, but definitely not least, is the Camomile silky cleansing oil from The Body Shop. I wasn't sure if I was going to take to this cleansing oil malarkey, but I have come to love it. This has become my favourite way to take off my makeup. It is just SO effective at taking off all makeup (including eye makeup), and it leaves the skin really soft and nourished. Another makeup remover I am loving at the moment is the Garnier Micellar cleansing water.